Come to enjoy and make you own offering "OFRENDA" in one of the most special traditions in Mexico. From the beginning of time, man has felt the need to explain the mystery of life and death.Many civilizations and cultures have created rituals to try and give meaning tohuman existence.In Mexico: El Día de los Muertos, the Day of the Dead has been celebrated as a very special ritual where the living remember their departed relatives.Sometimes, when people of other cultures hear for the first time about the celebration, they mistakenly think it must be: gruesome, terrifying, scary, ugly and sad. This is nothing further from the truth. Day of the Dead in Mexico is a beautiful ritual which Mexicans happily and lovingly remember their relatives that have died.Much like when On the Day of the Dead, we go to a graveyard to leave some lovely flowers on a tomb of a relative. Ofrendas are set up in the houses for their dead relatives on a table.They are decorated with sugar skulls, candles, flowers. Plates with the favorite foods of their dead relatives are also set on the ofrenda. Some have offer liquor and cigarettes as well. On the ofrendas for deceased children, they place toys, in addition to the food. Enjoy our delicious Pan de Muerto, Dead bread, made with flour, butter, sugar, eggs, orange peel, anise and yeast.The bread is decorated with strips of dough simulating bones and at the top a small round piece of dough that symbolizes teardrops.These breads are placed on the altars or ofrendas, and are also taken to the grave sights.
REPORT ON AUCTION:
I know many of you want to hear about the outcome of Cozumel's first lot auction held on October 31, 2007. Nine lots were auctioned for non-payment of property taxes. It was very well organized by the City of Cozumel. There were only 10 people actually bidding and many onlookers present. Of the 9 properties auctioned, Cozumel Living won two of the bids which we are very proud of. The following list of lots, their location, a short description, their approximate market level value, and the amounts of the winning bids are as follows:
1) Calle 21 South between 15 B & 15 C Avenues - 12 x 18 m = 216 m2, $50,000 to $55,000 USD, good high lot in the middle of the street on the south side, winning bid $450,000 mn = $42,654 USD
2) 35 Av. South #450 between Morelos y 5 Av. South - 12 x 30 m = 360 m2, $54,000 to $65,000 USD, in a more commercial location rather than residential, winning bid $468,000 and was the only bid, so it was not raised. $44,360 USD.
3) 5 Av. B #1100 on the corner of Calle 15 South - 12 x 19 m = 228 m2, $58,000 to $62,000 USD, in a good area that does not flood, winning bid $560,000 mn that was bid up heavily. $53,080 USD.
4) Av. Andres Q. Roo (Calle 11) South between 55 Av. B & 60 Av. - 15.50 x 17.50 m = 271.25 m2, $68,000 to $70,000, located on a beautiful boulevard around many nice big homes, winning bid $40,000 USD.
5) 5 Av. B #1080 between Calle 15 y 17 South (beside #3) - 13 x 18 m = 234 m2 = $55,000 to $60,000 USD, a very low lot although the street has no flooding. Winning bid was $540,000 mn and was heavily bid up. $51,185 USD.
6) 5 Av. South at the corner of Calle 5 South - 12 x 19 m = 228 m2 = $58,000 to $62,000 USD,
good high commerical location, winning bid $700,000 mn that was heavily bid up. $66,350 USD.
7) taxes were paid by the owner prior to the auction and taken off the auction.
8) Calle 19 between 25 Av. C and Av. Pedro Joaquin Coldwell (Av. 30) beside Construrama (a supplier of block, concrete, rebar, building materials) very commericial. Had only one bid and it won $285,000 mn. 12 x 18 m = 216 m2, market value $50,000 - $55,000. $27,000 USD winning bid.
9) 90 Av. South Bis between Calle 7 and Andres Q. Roo Av. (Calle 11). 12 x 30 m = 360 m2. This is in a good up and coming area where Palacio offices are moving, rumors of Walmart locating here, and $200,000 to $300,000 USD nice homes being built. There was only one bid and it won, but I apologize for not hearing or writing down what the winning bid was, but it was close to the same as #8. Really good deal for the winner.
The next Cozumel lot auction is to be held January 2008. There are 30 remaining properties to auction off. We hope to get the information out to you more timely. One thing I did learn is that I can only represent one client unless there are clients bidding on different properties since I could potentially be bidding against clients. I think it would be very confusing and a possible conflict of interest. I will have to search for agents that have bank accounts and are Mexican to bid for other clients, so this next auction, Cozumel Living will only be able to help the first few clients. So, again, quick responses will be extremely important, but we learned a lot from this first auction and will be better prepared for the next.
Casa Ponti: 25 Av # 13 in the neighborhood of Corpus Christi 2 level, 2-Bedrooms, 2-Baths, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, A/C, This is in a Home Owners Association with shared back yard and swimming pool. Low HOA dues of $75/mo. $150,000 USD
Casa Pina: Calle 37 South 75 Av. 1 bedroom, 1 bath, Living, Dining, Kitchen A/C 1 level. Stairs to roof top and can add a 2nd level easily. Small walkway around house, front yard, parking, Parsely furnished. $75,000 USD
Casa Mexicano: 5 Av. at the corner of Calle 19 one block from the ocean and the Chedraui grocery, shopping and movie complex. 3 bedrooms, 2 with balcony terraces with 2.5 baths in the home, a separate bath outside for the pool, maid's quarters with bathroom, and a studio apartment with it's own entrance. Double car parking with electric garage door opener, outdoor kitchen/bar-b-que area, garden and pool. Very nice home in a great vacation rental location. $420,000 USD OWNER IS NEGOTIABLE!!!
-Casa Lili - 65 Av. Bis /ARS & Calle 1 South. 1 level home, 4 bedrooms, 3 bath, Living, Dining, Kitchen, Front Patio, 1 car parking. Unfurnished. $120,000 USD A lot of house for a small amount in a good central location.
-Casa Jen:- 55 Av. Bis South # 684/7 & Hidalgo.3-Levels,3-Bedrooms,3-Baths, Formal Living, Dining, Kitchen, Library, Terrace, 2 bedroom apartment, Laundry Room, Parking for 2 Cars.on a Lot: 12 x 30 = 360 m2 $375,000 USD Beautiful Mahogany! ELEGANT HOME AT A GREAT PRICE!!
There are many, many other properties: Condos, Homes, Lots and many good deals because
it is low season right now.
View our web page at http://www.cozumelliving.com/ and consider investing in Cozumel.
Because we are a beautiful, resort island, property values just continue to steadily climb up meaning your investment should not lose money.
OCEAN FRONT HOMES:
COSTA DEL SOL
B-7:- Oceanfront home in a secured community of only 20 homes and 6 townhomes. 24 hour security, 135 ft. pier to catch diving, fishing, and pleasure boats, gorgeous infinity pool with shallow area and jacuzzi. Large furnished 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath home with direct view of the pool and ocean. On a sandy beach!! $ 950,000 USD
Many new listings in the Hacienda Monte Cristo Condo development in Country Club:
Monte Cristo #2 -3Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths $ 380,000 USD
Monte Cristo #9 - 1 bedroom $195,000 USD
Monte Cristo #14 - 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath $430,000
Cozumelliving is a Multi-Listing company, we can assit you with other listings on the island.
If you would like additional information on these or any other properties, please don`t hesitate to contact us !!!
Nancy Ewards Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
0449871114515 / 0449878768141
Office Phone: (987)869-2345 / (987)872-6431
Phone & Fax: (987)869-1244
We are located in Cozumel:
Av. Melgar No.602 entre 7 y 11 Sur. Edificio Colon Suite No.4
Cozumel Q.Roo Mexico 77600
(Next to Naval Sector).